We are hiring Production Support Chemists!
Salary range: £26k to £30k
Orthios is tackling the climate emergency by revolutionising how waste is managed. It is developing state-of-the-art technologies to find new uses for unwanted plastics, including capturing the most useful ingredients for re-use &/or conversion into low carbon energy.
Our Polymer Processing Facility (Plastics 2 Oil), one of our first major projects, will convert plastics previously judged non-recyclable back into their original state of oil.
We are looking for experienced Production Support Chemists with a strong background in chromatography, MS, ICP and other more general laboratory instrumentation. A background in petrochemicals or the analysis of complex organic mixtures would be preferable.
You will be part of a new team, reporting to the Laboratory Manager. This is a key role within the Analytical Services Department, and will involve:
- Assisting in the setting up of a new laboratory
- Managing and coordinating your daily tasks within the laboratory efficiently, providing fast and accurate routine sample analysis
- Ensuring the laboratory strictly adheres to ISO 17025
- Ordering and tracking consumables
- Undertaking development of any new analytical methods as and when required
- Producing reports and presentations
- Using the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are interested in these positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for full details of the job role summary, data protection policy and application form, quoting the job role ”Production Support Chemist”.
Please note these positions involve shift working.
Disclaimer - We occasionally amend or withdraw job vacancies and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.