We are hiring a Technical Writer!
Salary: circa £28k
Due to business growth, a newly created role is available for an experienced Technical Writer who has a strong background with industrial or manufacturing exposure. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new project with strong environmental benefits from inception.
This is a key role within the P2O department, and will involve:
- Developing comprehensive documentation that meets organisational standards
- Obtaining a deep understanding of the operational processes and equipment to translate complex operational information into simple, polished, and clear instructional content
- Writing user-friendly procedures that meets the needs of the target audience, turning complex and detailed manufacturers O&M language into meaningful procedures for the Operations team
- Developing and maintaining detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Working alongside the Site Engineers and Operational team to turn their insights and working knowledge into concise instruction manuals
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organise and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories. Revise, edit and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create and maintain architectural templates that uphold organisational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
It is imperative that the job holder can quickly learn and understand complex topics, with previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are interested in this vacancy, please contact email@example.com quoting the reference Technical Writer for full details of the job role summary, data protection policy and application form.
Disclaimer - We occasionally amend or withdraw job vacancies and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.