We are hiring a Store Person!
Salary: circa £28k
Due to business growth, a newly created role is available for an experienced Store Person who has a strong background with industrial or manufacturing exposure. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new project with strong environmental benefits from inception.
This is a key role within the Procurement Department, and will involve:
- Maintaining receipts, records, and withdrawals of stores stock
- Checking materials and supplies, and reports when stock is low (cycle counting)
- Receiving and unpacking materials and supplies
- Reporting damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record keeping purposes
- Picking of orders
- Tool book out/in control
- Actively participating in risk assessments and safety controls as instructed by the business
- Undertaking housekeeping duties to improve and maintain Health, Safety and Environment Standards
- Safe use and operation of mobile equipment (FLT)
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following stock control instructions
- Helping to load and unload trucks ensuring all loads are secure
- Being proficient in the use of communication systems such as computer, email, radio, mobile phones etc.
- Undertaking administration and analysis work in accordance with the business needs. The work may include but is not limited to data collection, the accurate and detailed completion of process/equipment logs, reports, forms, control charts, PC systems
- Accountable for completely progressing assigned tasks to include sourcing information, materials, tools and equipment
- Actively participate in organisational training initiatives to improve knowledge and skills of self and other personnel.
- Mentor others as appropriate or requested by the business
It is imperative that the job holder has Store person expertise, additional experience within a manufacturing industry would be advantageous.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are interested in this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference Store Person for full details of the job role summary, data protection policy and application form.
Disclaimer - We occasionally amend or withdraw job vacancies and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.