We are hiring a Procurement Officer!
Salary: circa £30k
Due to business growth, a newly created role is available for an experienced Procurement Officer who has a strong background with industrial or manufacturing exposure. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new project with strong environmental benefits from inception.
This is a key role within the Procurement Department, and will involve:
- Working with the Orthios team and external suppliers/vendors to develop an understanding of strategic commodities; structure of markets, cost drivers and price trends
- Build a reliable procurement network to ensure contracts, purchase orders and budget cost estimates are accurate
- Conduct market research pursuant to identifying, initiating, and negotiating sustainable and responsible supply contracts including variations; preparation of bid packages; evaluation of quotations, supplier selection, to support upgrading existing and establishing new product lines
- Assist the Supply Chain Manager with timely reporting to manage the efficient and accurate reporting/monitoring of purchase orders, through accurate coding to support forecast inventory
- Train, advise and mentor all users across materials and purchasing systems
- An ability to work in line with, and offer improvements to, company systems and procedures
It is imperative that the job holder has procurement & supply expertise, the awareness to source responsibly, control spend, and prevent corruption to ensure that there is no negative impact to the business as some decisions could have a reputational and/or financial impact. Additional experience within a manufacturing industry would be advantageous.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are interested in this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference Procurement Officer for full details of the job role summary, data protection policy and application form.
Disclaimer - We occasionally amend or withdraw job vacancies and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.