We are hiring a Plant Engineer (Mechanical)!
Due to business growth, a newly created role is available for a Plant Engineer (Mechanical). This is an exciting opportunity to join a new project with strong environmental benefits from inception.
The Plant Engineer will report to the Senior Technical Manager and will have the following responsibilities.
- Identify areas of the plant to be optimised, introduce solutions and plant process improvements whilst improving safety and reducing hazards
- Identify the causes for drift in product the specification and work with the engineering and operational teams to correct the causes and prevent further occurrences
- Produce detailed technical reports to justify manufacturing and design improvements
- Work with the project team to ensure the efficient use of resources
- Utilising small teams on site for improvement projects and using consulting resources where appropriate
- 24/7 site so possibility of extended working hours for shutdowns or installation works.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with strong EC&I skills,
- Experience in plant support activities in a petro-chemical, waste to energy or similar hazardous manufacturing environment
- Understanding of DSEAR, PED, IED requirements
- Good understanding of health and safety
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary engineers, technicians and process plant operators
- Ability to process optimise and undertake calculations to back up plant observations
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Experience in trouble shooting
- Experience in rotating equipment (Mechanical Engineer)
- Experience in Conveying equipment (Mechanical Engineer)
- Experience in process control
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are interested in this vacancy, please contact email@example.com quoting the reference Plant Engineer (Mechanical) for an application form and data protection policy.
Disclaimer - We occasionally amend or withdraw job vacancies and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.