We are hiring a Company Electrical Engineer!
Due to business growth, a newly created role is available for a Company Electrical Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new project with strong environmental benefits from inception.
The Company Electrical Engineer will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will have the following responsibilities.
- To fulfil the electrical role of a Senior Authorised Person on site
- Responsible for all new electrical engineering works (excluding internal functions such as IT) and providing standards and guidance to the high voltage and low voltage site teams on all operation and maintenance matters.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of the Orthios 132kV Switchyard
- In house and out of house design, specification and initiating of tenders for new works and maintenance
- Function as the main point of contact between National Grid, Orthios and the electrical subcontracting teams / companies engaged by Orthios
- Reports on progress and programming of works and regular meetings both in Orthios main office in Chester England, and on site in Anglesey
- Vetting of potential suppliers and initiating reports on viability of products
- Identify and define roles within the electrical team and manage the approved hiring process
- Special studies and reports to the board. Estimates and options, value for money
- Management of external consultants and vetting of design for technical compliance, value for money and streamlining of works programs
- Coordinating with other Orthios team members and regular meetings. Coordinating with site SAP and AP’s
- Establish programs for:
- Training of all electrical staff
- Succession Planning of all team members
- Performance / development tracking of all electrical staff
- Chartered Electrical engineer with a minimum of 20 years post professional qualification and working towards Fellow status of the institution
- Ideally you will have worked in the construction, service and design sectors and held senior technical / managerial positions in the private sector with blue chip companies and / or larger consultancy practices. Relevant public sector experience will be considered
- In depth knowledge of the electrical industry gained both in design, operation and maintenance of broad range of electrical services including HV (up to 33kV), LV and safety systems. Working knowledge of electrical systems up to 132kV would be an advantage. Also, generation and UPS systems. Lighting, lightning protection and specialist DSEAR systems
- Knowledge of working with public utilities and standard service agreements and processes involved
- Familiarity with building and mechanical services including heating, ventilation, air conditioning and process systems
- Proven ability to meet tight programs and ‘can do’ approach an advantage. Ability to manage both in house and out house multi-disciplinary teams. Able to engage with all levels of the team to meet working programs. Vetting potential job applicants
- Experience in process control
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are interested in this vacancy, please contact email@example.com quoting the reference Company Electrical Engineer for an application form and data protection policy.
Disclaimer - We occasionally amend or withdraw job vacancies and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.