IT Technician – c. £35,000
Based at Holyhead, Anglesey (LL65 2UX)
We are excited to announce that we are looking for an IT Technician to join our business.
Orthios (the group) is dedicated to the creation of the Eco Park business and employment opportunities. Head office contains a unique team of experts providing service support to its subsidiary Eco Park & Energy Centre based in Anglesey specialising in sustainable energy, polymer processing, architecture, design and project delivery.
Our site at Holyhead is unique in the region benefitting from excellent road, rail, and sea transport links which are particularly beneficial for the operation. Orthios also intends to develop the site as a multi-modal hub to serve both the commercial transport and freight markets.
We are looking to expand our existing dynamic, innovative team and are seeking to recruit a qualified IT Technician to work closely with our IT Manager.
The primary purpose of the role is to maintain the network, server, security, and desktop infrastructure whilst managing ongoing projects involving the installation of software and hardware. There is also a need to work with end-users to ensure that their systems are working well.
The IT Technician is also responsible for administrative tasks that surround the day to day operations of the department. This includes daily job scheduling, ensuring that changes are documented and that all procedures are followed properly.
Key Focus of the Role:
- Ensure IT systems are working efficiently and securely to support the business
- Support the company’s IT users in all of aspects of their day to day information technology requirements
- Prioritising and scheduling work is a major aspect of this role as is a high level of problem solving
- Complete IT administrative tasks relating to user setup and removal from all IT systems.
- Maintain a high level of technical awareness of developments in the industry
- Methodically solving problems with applications, infrastructure and end user issues
- Management of and participation in IT related projects
- Ensure documentation for all systems is current and comprehensive
- Ability to develop and support small applications & reports
We occasionally amend or withdraw job vacancies and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.