Materials/Procurement Manager – c. £40,000
Based at Holyhead, Anglesey (LL65 2UX)
** This position has now closed
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Materials/Procurement Manager to join our business.
Orthios (the group) is dedicated to the creation of the Eco Park business and employment opportunities. Head office contains a unique team of experts providing service support to its subsidiary Eco Park & Energy Centre based in Anglesey specialising in sustainable energy, polymer processing, architecture, design and project delivery.
Our site at Holyhead is unique in the region benefitting from excellent road, rail, and sea transport links which are particularly beneficial for the operation. Orthios also intends to develop the site as a multi-modal hub to serve both the commercial transport and freight markets.
We are looking to expand our existing dynamic, innovative team and are seeking to recruit a qualified Materials/Procurement Manager to work closely with our Chief Operations Officer.
The primary purpose of the role is to develop and implement a sustainable and responsible inventory procurement, management, and logistics strategy, ensuring a steady supply of materials to support operations, and optimum inventory levels whilst preventing corruption and protecting our business.
Manage the supply chain functions, including but not limited to staffing, stores and warehouse configuration, Materials ERP management and configuration, materials planning, order placement, shipping and receiving, optimisation of inventory levels, purchase execution and materials cost management.
To foster a culture which leads to a highly motivated and committed workforce with the full use and development of all members of the group.
Key Focus of the Role:
- Develop budget cost estimates for upgrading existing, and providing new material sources
- Conduct market research pursuant to identifying, initiating, and negotiating major sustainable and responsible supply contracts. Preparation of bid packages, evaluation of quotations, supplier selection, relationship management of contracts
- Manage the efficient operation of the inventory management system, accuracy of coding, and ensure all users are adequately trained
- Programme development, integration and reporting using industry standard and custom software tools will be vital for this role
- Ensure inventories are kept up to date in accordance with statutory requirements
- Develop appropriate inventory control systems, whilst securing sustainable supply and demand
- Management of procurement contracts including variations
- An ability to work in line with and offer improvements to company systems and procedures will be encouraged
- A full understanding of The Public Contracts Regulations 2015 is essential
We occasionally amend or withdraw job vacancies and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.