** This position has now closed
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor and/or Quantity Surveyor to join our business.
Orthios (the group) is dedicated to the creation of the Eco Park business and employment opportunities. Head office contains a unique team of experts providing service support to its subsidiary Eco Park & Energy Centre based in Anglesey specialising in sustainable energy, polymer processing, architecture, design and project delivery.
Our site at Holyhead is unique in the region benefitting from excellent road, rail, and sea transport links which are particularly beneficial for the operation. Orthios also intends to develop the site as a multi-modal hub to serve both the commercial transport and freight markets.
We are looking to expand our existing dynamic, innovative team and are seeking to recruit a qualified Senior Quantity Surveyor and/or a Quantity Surveyor to work closely with our Chief Development Officer and associated architectural team based in our Chester office.
You will also work in conjunction with external engineering, environmental and planning consultants.
Whilst the primary appointment is as a Senior Quantity Surveyor and/or Quantity Surveyor you will need to have project management skills and experience, understanding of project delivery phases and associated quantity surveying actions.
Your normal place of work will be at our offices in Christleton, Chester and you will be required to attend our Holyhead site on a regular basis where most of the works activity takes place and where office space will be provided. Occasionally you may be required to attend meetings in other parts of the UK.
Key Focus of the Role:
- Working with the Orthios team and external consultants to develop budget cost estimates for upgrading existing, and providing new, site infrastructure on our 213-acre site including all services, alterations to and refurbishment of existing buildings and new industrial buildings and plant
- The role will include design interface and co-ordination between Orthios personnel, designers, consultants, suppliers, and contractors
- Cost control of projects, management of contracts including project variations, production of applications for payment/invoicing and final account resolutions
- Programme development, integration and reporting using Microsoft Office 365 software or similar project management tools will be vital for this role
- An ability to work in line with and offer improvements to company systems and procedures will be encouraged
- As our developments progress we will expect your role to expand to oversee other quantity surveyors and so be able to manage multiple projects and actively take the lead in cost reporting for your own projects and those of your team
- A full understanding of Health & Safety and CDM Regulations is essential
We occasionally amend or withdraw job vacancies and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.